Tuesday 16 December 2008

QUESTIONNAIRE EVALUATION.......

Questionnaire
1. What is your preferred choice of music on a day to day basis?
Hip-hop RnB garage reggae/ bashment drum and bass
2. Do you currently read a music magazine? If yes please state which magazine you buy?
………………………………………………………………………
3. Who would you like to see on the front cover of your music magazine?

4. Would you be interested in a magazine which was specifically about the UK urban music and rave scene?

5. What kinds of features would you like inside of the magazine? E.g. promotions, interviews, updates etc…

6. Which one of these magazines appeal to you most and in a few words why?


Information gathered from my questionnaire
Q1. By asking various members of my demographic group what types of music they listen to, it allowed me to choose a specific genre of music to base my magazine around. 75% said they mostly listen to UK garage so I featured UK garage and grime scene artists in my magazine.
Q2. By asking the question about what magazines they currently buy, it helped me to focus on the competition and include things in my magazine that they didn’t, like exclusive interviews with new up and coming artists and promotional offers on raves and parties and concerts.
Q3. Many respondents said they would like to see something which wasn’t the same as any other magazine and actually real sized people. My primary image was of a fellow raver who was just partying. The picture was taken spontaneously and captures the essence of the party scene which is what I wanted my magazine to do.
Q4. This question related specifically to my magazine because I wasn’t to sure whether to base my whole magazine on jus UK artists or to have a mixture of both but after analysing American teen magazines, I realised there wasn’t a magazine of its kind to represent the British teenage public.
Q5. Everyone who answered this question said they would like to see more females in magazine shown in a positive light as the general connotations attached to the demographic isn’t positive. I achieved this by placing a black female as my up and coming artist for the interview of my double page spread.
Q6. By using several magazines of a similar genre, I was able to asses which magazine caught certain peoples eyes and why and then applied it to my magazine. This came in the form of bright colours and large images. My magazine is based around using spontaneous colours in no specific order. The randomness of the magazines front cover is the device I have used to draw in peoples attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment